firstname.lastname@example.org Library Catalog
HistoryThe Library Company of the Baltimore Bar, better known as the Bar Library, is located on the sixth floor of the Clarence Mitchell, Jr. Courthouse. Established in 1840 as a membership library by forty-four attorneys, the Bar Library is one of the oldest dues supported law libraries in the country. A combination of both the old and the new, the Bar Library contains cases, statutes and treatises dating back hundreds of years as well as an extensive collection of CD ROMs and Internet subscriptions. The showplace of the Courthouse, the Main Reading Room is thirty-five feet wide by one hundred and twenty-five feet long and is elegantly crowned with a barrel vault ceiling. A rich oak wainscot rises to a height of fifteen feet and extends entirely around the room. The woodwork of the shelves and wall paneling is lustrous English oak, trimmed with a classic carved border of rosettes, laurel and egg-and-dart embellishments.
of the Baltimore Bar - 1979 (4 MB PDF)
Webmaster | Disclaimer